Wednesday, June 3, 2009

An update on us!





Well, Brody is getting HUGE! He had to go to the doctor last Tuesday with some bad congestion. Dr. Azam told us that he has asthma, but he also had a little touch of a cold. He was put on albuterol treatments. He has done quite well with them so far. He weighed 16 pounds 11 ounces at that visit. He has to go back for a follow up this upcoming Tuesday. Can't wait to see how much he has grown since then.

Brody will be 3 months old this Saturday, June 6. I have NO IDEA where the past 3 months have gone. Seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. He has filled our lives with more love and happiness in the past three months than we have had in the last 22 and 25 years!

Jared stays home with Brody during the day so that I can go to work. It definitely saves us on daycare costs. Plus, it's reassuring to know that my child is with someone who loves him and will take adequate care of him. They do okay together. Jared tells me that play together all day :). I think it is great bonding time for the two of them.

We bought Brody a Bumbo seat and tray. HE HATES IT! He has only spent about 5 minutes in it maybe three times. He screams the whole time he is in it. Poor thing is so long that it doesn't go far enough up his back to hold him up good. We put him in a walker the other day, and we are going to buy one of those this weekend! He sat straight up in it the whole time.

Tummy time is still a joke for us. He HATES being on his tummy on the floor. If he is on our chest, he is GREAT! Otherwise, it doesn't work out. He cries the whole time or it turns in to nap time (WHICH HE FIGHTS lol).

We have started Brody on a little bit of cereal and baby foods. He LOVES butternut squash. He does good with it. Poor Jared thinks that he makes a mess and that he has to wipe his face after every bite :). He has no idea what he has gotten himself into already :). I can't wait to see the look on his face when he crams his food in his face and makes a HUGE MESS! It's gonna be hilarious.

Well, the rest of the house is asleep...so I should probably head that way myself. Enjoy the pics below. See how much he has grown:


My sleepy boy

Yummy squash face!

Sweet baby in his swing

GIVE ME MORE SWEET POTATOES

Sweet potato mustache :)

Mama & Baby Hands

Love that baby, Mama!

3 comments:

Bryan and Miranda said...

Gosh, I can't believe how big he has gotten since I saw him last. Aunt Randa misses him!!

Jovina and Bill said...

He looks Great Lacey!! and dont worry about tummy time. Liam didnt care for it much either. But he has gotten a lot better with it. Liam was also tall for his bumbo chair but now that he is able to sit upright on his own for a while he actually enjoys sitting in it. THe pics are awesome~!

Bryan and Miranda said...

Missing that Brody Man!! I hope we get to see yall next weekend. Love yall!

About Me

My photo
I am a proud mother of a beautiful baby boy born March 6, 2009. He brightens every day, and I could never find a love like the one I have for this kid. I know that having this baby with Jared has made me love him so much more, and in a whole different way! We are one happy LITTLE family :)!